Saturday, November 27, 2021

Blog 5 Pivacy Issues

After watching the TED talks I am now more concerned than ever about my privacy online. What I am most worried about is my social media pages. What we learned from the videos is that when you delete something, you are not really deleting it. Everything online will always be out there in a computer somewhere. It's very concerning to know that my information is tracked and recorded somewhere for technology companies to access. It's even scary knowing that the messages I send to my friends or family could be somewhere even though that is personal information. 

I don't think there is much the government can do about this issue. They can help by putting laws in place to keep companies from tracking our information but I think these companies would do it anyway. They benefit so much from stealing our information so I don't see it stopping anytime soon. I also don't know how to reverse this problem. Our society is so deep in the privacy issue that reversing it would be so difficult and would completely change the whole industry.

I think the most we can do about the issue is to try our best to not put anything online thats too personal. We need to be careful with what we share and not keep anything on our devices that could be used against us in anyway. I think social media should be limited and Amazon Alexa's should not always be turned on. It's also important we listen to the individuals who give TED talks or others trying to give advice on how to stop or prevent these issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tap Dance: Smithtown's All New Local Café and Brewery

There's a new microbrewery and café in town and you need to know about it! The Tap Dance, Smithtown's newest place to hangout with e...